I really like mountains, but I also like some short mountain quotes. If I have to answer the question “What do you prefer between the mountains and the sea?”, my answer will always be both, mountains next to the sea. For this reason, Rio de Janeiro is my favorite city. And if it’s not possible to have both mountains and the sea, I will definitely choose the mountain.
The mountain inspires me, always reveals the most beautiful landscapes, lets me breathe the cleanest air, and makes me feel free, away from problems and anxious thoughts. I love inspirational short mountain quotes and always looking for new ones. I am also always looking for less-beaten mountain trails.
I love taking pictures of mountains and attaching funny mountain quotes or top of the mountain quotes to those pictures. I was born in a country with some of the most beautiful mountains, the Carpathians, which I am happy to explore every time. I wrote articles about famous roads that crossed them, Transfagarasan and Transbucegi.
PIN IT FOR LATER
So, I decided to write an article that I hope will help you when you are looking for short mountain quotes and descriptions that you can attach to the beautiful pictures taken in the mountains. I have compiled a list of over 100 short mountain quotes. In fact, not all of them are so short, but I’m sure you will love them all.
We’ve divided this list of mountain quotes into several sections: short mountain quotes for Instagram, funny mountain quotes, mountain top conquering quotes, mountain love quotes, and a few more. I hope you enjoy using them!
100+ Short Mountain Quotes
Short mountain quotes for Instagram
I start this article with short mountain quotes for Instagram because it’s the platform that most of us use when we want to post the most beautiful pictures. There are 34 mountain quotes for Instagram, but it is possible to add others to this list in the future. By the way, if you want to see my mountain pictures, you can follow me here on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/raluca.travels/
These are my favorite short mountain quotes for Instagram, either as a description or as text over pictures. Some of them you may have seen before, others belong entirely to me, while others belong to famous characters or writers.
1. Going to the mountains is going home.
2. Go where you feel most alive.
3. Hike more. Worry Less.
4. The best view comes after the hardest climb.
5. The mountain is life, and life is a mountain. – WhisperWanderlust.com
6. All good things are wild and free.
7. “If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it is lethal.” – Paulo Coelho
8. Life’s a climb but the view is great.
9. Climbing different mountains is like living different lives. – WhisperWanderlust.com
10. That girl, she’s going to move mountains.
11. Life should have more mountains and less stress.
12. All I need is a mountain breeze and tall trees.
13. You can change the route, but you can’t change the top of the mountain. – WhisperWanderlust.com
14. You can climb the mountain alone, but with friends, it’s always safer and more fun. – WhisperWanderlust.com
15. “The mountains are calling and I must go.” – John Muir
16. “Nothing lives long, Only the earth and mountains.” – Dee Brown
17. Coffee, Mountains, Adventure
18. If you think you’ve peaked, find a new mountain.
19. “In the mountains of wisdom, no climbing is in vain.” – Nhat Hanh
20. “When preparing to climb a mountain, pack a light heart.” – Dan May
21. It is better to master one mountain than a thousand foothills.” – William Arthur Ward
22. Feeling stressed and overwhelmed? Hike a mountain and thank me later. – WhisperWanderlust.com
23. “Your faith can move mountains and your doubt can create them.” – Swami Vivekananda
24. Be like a mountain: solid and unshakable. – WhisperWanderlust.com
Short quotes about mountains
25. “No matter how tall the mountain is, it cannot block the sun.” – Chinese Proverb
26. “Each fresh peak ascended teaches something.” — Sir Martin Convay
27. I am just a mountain girl at heart.
28. Fresh air, don’t care.
29. A little more altitude, a little less attitude.
30. Dear mountains, I think about you all the time.
31. Here is a photo of me and my therapist.
32. Couples who hike together stay together.
33. Instead of Netflix and chill, we watch sunsets on a hill.
34. Be like a mountain, aim to touch the sky but stay rooted to the ground.
Mountain Love Quotes
I called the second section mountain love quotes. It’s a category dedicated to those who feel the mountain with all their soul, those who are passionate about the mountain in the true sense of the word, and those who dedicate their lives to it.
In this category, I have included 15 short mountain quotes. They all belong to personalities who wanted to share their thoughts about the mountains, except the last one I wrote. Enjoy!
35. “Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, So… get on your way!” – Dr. Seuss
36. “May your dreams be larger than mountains and may you have the courage to scale their summits.” – Harley King
37. “When faced with a large project, remember you move a mountain one stone at a time.” – Catherine Pulsifer
38. “Mountains are the beginning and end of all natural scenery.” – John Ruskin
39. “Mountains have a way of dealing with overconfidence.” – Hermann Buhl
40. “Mountains are where heaven meets earth.” – Anita Diament
41. “On big routes in big mountains, speed equals safety.” – Steve House
42. “Mountains should not be judged by altitude.” – Louis L’Amour
43. “Each fresh peak ascended teaches something.” – Sir Martin Conway
44. “The mountains whisper for me to wander; my soul hikes to the call.” – Angie Weiland-Crosby
45. “I slow down when hiking. The rhythm of nature is more leisurely. The sun comes up, it moves across the sky, and you begin to synchronize to that rhythm.” –John Mackey
46. “There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” – Alex Lowe
47. “When faced with a large project, remember you move a mountain one stone at a time.” – Catherine Pulsifer
48. “The climb speaks to our character, but the view, I think, to our souls.” — Lori Lansens
49. Sometimes, you just need a walk in the mountains to recharge your batteries and to remember how beautiful this world is and how much you stress over little things. – WhisperWanderlust.com
Funny Mountain Quotes
Here we are, in the third category, in which I included 19 funny mountain quotes. Humor and mountain hiking go hand in hand, so why wouldn’t funny mountain quotes be successful too? Well, I think that these are at the top of the favorites and can be posted anytime and anywhere. They will surely bring a smile to the faces of those who will read them.
50. Sometimes, you just need to change your altitude.
51. Until further notice, assume that we’re peaking.
52. You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a lift pass.
53. “In the mountains there are only two grades: You can either do it, or you can’t.” – Rusty Baille
54. There is no wifi in the mountains, but I promise you will find a better connection.
55. Wake up, it’s adventure and coffee time.
56. When life gives you mountains put on your boots and hike.
57. “It isn’t the mountains ahead that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe.” – Muhammad Ali
58. “Life sucks a lot less when you add mountain air, a campfire, and some peace and quiet.” –Brooke Hampton
59. “You need mountains, long staircases don’t make good hikers.” – Amit Kalantri
60. Canyon help me out?
61. Mount your blessings.
62. One more climb.
63. Let’s play hide and peak.
64. On a date with mountains. Brb.
65. If it involves mountains, breakfast, coffee, or campfires – I’m in.
66. Life’s a mountain, not a beach.
67. It’s just a hill, get over it.
68. Trust me, there are things in this mountain that will make your jaw bounce off the floor.
Short Mountain Sayings
These short mountain quotes are something more profound, with more meaning. They are words of famous people, whether writers, actors, philosophers, or people from other fields.
I have to tell you a secret: number 74 is my favorite among all these short mountain sayings in this category.
69. “Chasing angels or fleeing demons, go to the mountains.” – Jeffrey Rasley
70. “How glorious a greeting the sun gives the mountains!” – John Muir
71. “The higher you climb on the mountain, the harder the wind blows.” – Sam Cummings
72. Be like a mountain, aim to touch the sky but stay rooted to the ground.
73. “The danger of an adventure is worth a thousand days of ease and comfort.” – Paulo Coelho
74. “It isn’t the mountain ahead that wears you out; it’s the grain of sand in your shoe.” – Robert W. Service
75. “The cliche is that life is a mountain. You go up, reach the top and then go down.” – Jeanne Moreau
76. I am never lost in the mountains, it’s where I find myself.
77. “Our peace shall stand as firm as rocky mountains.” – William Shakespeare
78. “One day’s exposure to mountains is better than a cartload of books.” – John Muir
79. “Keep your goals as big as mountains. But if you want to achieve them, be sure to keep them unsullied by fear.” ― Chetan M. Kumbhar
80. Don’t wish your life to be flat like a plain. Instead, hope for a challenging life like a mountain. – WhisperWanderlust.com
Inspirational Short Mountain Quotes
When you can’t move a mountain, you must climb it. How beautifully said and how true! Mountains are often used to build metaphors about life and the trials we must go through.
Absolutely no one is safe from obstacles, and time and experiences teach us that sometimes things don’t go as planned, but we have to adapt to reach our dreams by following other paths. Sometimes dreams also change; they say that the only constant is change. Below are 14 inspirational short mountain quotes.
81. Over every mountain, there is a pass, although it may not be seen from the valley
82. “Mountains teach that not everything in this world can be rationally explained.” – Aleksander Lwow
83. “When preparing to climb a mountain – pack a light heart.” – Dan May
84. “It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.” – Sir Edmund Hillary
85. Too many mountains for such a short life. – WhisperWanderlust.com
86. “He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
87. “Climb the mountain so you can see the world, not so the world can see you.” – David McCullough Jr.
88. “Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you’re climbing it.” – Andy Rooney
89. “Mountains are both journey and destination. They summon us to climb their slopes, explore their canyons, and attempt their summits.” ― TA Loeffler
90. When you cannot move a mountain, it is only because you were meant to climb it.
91. Whatever you want is behind the mountain of struggles. Nothing great comes with ease.
92. “Throw me to the mountains, I’ll be at peace as long as I will live.” ― Shashank Rayal
93. “Whenever I see a mountain, I remember God is still alive.” ― Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
94. “Mountains are earth’s undecaying monuments.” — Nathaniel Hawthorne
Top of the Mountain Quotes
It’s nice to hike, but how good it feels to conquer a mountain peak! This is what these 10 mountain quotes are about. I hope you like them; they inspire you and give you the impetus you need to conquer the next peak.
95. Stop staring at mountains. Climb them instead, yes, it’s a harder process but it will lead you to a better view.
96. Happiness is not at the top of the mountains but in how to climb it.
97. “You climb to reach the summit, but once there, discover that all roads lead down.” – Stanislaw Lem
98. “Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory.” – Ed Viesturs
99. “The way up to the top of the mountain is always longer than you think. Don’t fool yourself, the moment will arrive when what seemed so near is still very far.” – Paulo Coelho
100. “You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you’ve climbed a mountain.” – Tom Hiddleston
101. “Every mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing.” – Barry Finlay
102. “The top of one mountain is always the bottom of another.” – Marianne Williamson
103. “The only Zen you can find on the tops of mountains is the Zen you bring up there.“– Robert M. Pirsig
104. “The summit is what drives us, but the climb itself is what matters.” — Conrad Anker
105. “What draws us from the low valleys to the high mountains is that noble stance of the summits.” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
When are you planning to use these Short Mountain Quotes?
I am interested in what context you use these short mountain quotes. Do you use them when you go on a hike or to express a change in your life inspired by the lofty peaks of these stunning forms of relief?
What other inspirational short mountain quotes do you know and want to share?
I’m sure you also have some mountain quotes that I don’t know, or maybe you were inspired and created your text about the mountain and your love for it. Let’s share and make a real encyclopedia of mountain quotes in the comments.